I’m an entrepreneur, technologist, and a creative problem solver.
- In 1990 I started Target Media Group a direct marketing company. Here I have helped my small business clients create millions of dollars in sales through the scientific application of direct marketing principles both online and on location. My philosophy is that marketing encompasses more than just advertising, product placement or graphic design. Marketing is about clearly communicating why a customer should buy your product or services instead of those of a competitor and doing so in a compelling and honest way. Moreover, this message should be communicated by every person in a company no matter how large or small.
- In 1994 I founded Leaders Club a company that became a leader in entrepreneurial eLearning. Leaders Club created its own online learning infrastructure to serve more than 40,000 subscribers with training on small business marketing (customer heuristics, PR, social media), management (employment recruitment, system building, business optimization) and leadership (motivation, ethics, organizational) topics. I’ve created over 500 hours of training lectures and video training, as well as published industry best selling courses.
- I was a founder and principal at Nebulis Networks a small business IT consulting and management company. In addition to small business IT consulting, Nebulis was a Website Hosting and Internet Access company in Columbus, Ohio.
- I volunteer as Chief Technology Officer for the Foundation For Academic Excellence, a small non-profit organization supporting extracurricular academic programs. In that capacity, I guide the IT infrastructure Web development and provide support for communication and fundraising efforts.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Management and Business Administration as well as undergraduate degree’s in Marketing and Information Technology with multiple certifications.
- I’m a composer and music technologist. I’ve created various compositions for commercial projects (video intro’s, stingers, voice-overs) but mostly music is a hobby that allows me to express myself. You can listen to some of my work on my Soundcloud page.
- In my spare time, I’m a Self Defense & Martial Arts instructor with Dynamic Self Defense.
- I coach New Albany Middle School students in Science Olympiad – one of the most rigorous primary school science competitions.
- I’m bilingual – natively fluent in German.
- I’m a lifelong student. Learning is simply a way of life for me. I’m massively curious about the things I’m involved with and take time to understand them in depth.