Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website so that it ranks higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). When people search for keywords or phrases related to your business, your website should be one of the first ones that they see.
One of the most important factors that Google and other search engines consider when ranking websites is the quality of their content. Stale content is content that is outdated, irrelevant, or of low quality. It can have a negative impact on your SEO rankings and make it difficult for your website to be found in search results.
Here are some of the ways that stale content can lower your SEO rankings:
- It can make your website look outdated. Google wants to provide its users with the most up-to-date and relevant information possible. If your website is full of stale content, Google will assume that it is not a good source of information and will rank it lower in search results.
- It can make your website less credible. If your website contains inaccurate or outdated information, it can make your business look less credible. This can lead to lower conversion rates and a decline in sales.
- It can make it difficult for search engines to understand your website. Search engines rely on your website's content to understand what it is about and what keywords it should rank for. Stale content can make it difficult for search engines to understand your website and can lead to lower rankings.
Benefits of hiring an outside expert
Hiring an outside expert to review your website's content can be a great way to improve your SEO rankings and attract more visitors to your website. Here are some of the benefits of hiring an outside expert:
- Expertise and experience. Outside experts have the expertise and experience to identify and remove any stale content, and to update your content to make sure that it is still relevant and accurate. They can also help you to optimize your content for SEO so that it ranks higher in search results.
- Objectivity. Outside experts are more likely to be objective when reviewing your website's content. This is because they are not emotionally attached to your website and they can look at your content with fresh eyes.
- Time savings. Hiring an outside expert can save you a lot of time. You don't have to spend hours reviewing and updating your website's content yourself. Instead, you can focus on running your business and let the experts take care of your website's content.
If you are serious about improving your SEO rankings and attracting more visitors to your website, then hiring an outside expert to review your website's content is a wise investment. Contact me to setup a free consultation.